A woman moved to Georgetown in 1936, bought a house three miles south of the town of Georgetown, and opened a brothel. She ingratiated herself to the town by having a single location for her business and by not embarrassing the residents. She made a lot of money and she spent a lot of money on Front Street. Her name can be found in the local newspaper as a donor to the March of Dimes and the Easter Seals. She was as generous to Georgetown charities each year as was International Paper. She owned her brothel 33 years, finally closing in 1969 and retiring in the same location.