Brookgreen Gardens Plein Air Guild, a new dues-paying group, has been created for artists painting on the Brookgreen property. Guild members must be Brookgreen Gardens members and pay separate dues to participate in the Plein Air Guild.
Plein Air Guild artists can show their work during the Art Festival in late April and during Harvest Home Weekend in October.
- Guild membership dues are $75.00 annually and are due in January of each year. New members’ dues will be prorated from their sign-up date.
- Guild members will be invited to show and sell their work at Brookgreen Gardens twice yearly at the Art Festival in April and the Harvest Home Weekend in October. All members may display their work at these sales. Artists also may be selected (after applying with Keepsakes Museum Shop) to have their own booths at the April Art Festival and sell their work there.
- Artists may not sell any work while painting on Brookgreen Gardens property (other than during the two specified exhibit dates). If a visitor is interested in purchasing the artist’s work, the artist may give them a business card and/or personal contact information, and they may conclude their business off the property.
- Artists may work at Brookgreen Gardens any day during normal operating hours (9:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.).
- Artists will not block pathways or set up in high-traffic areas or in any planted locations.
- Small amounts of food & beverages are allowed in a small insulated bag. No hard coolers, no alcohol. Do not feed the animals or birds.
- A small umbrella attached directly to the easel is permitted. Tents or large umbrellas are not permitted.
- A name badge will be issued to Guild members; please wear it while working on the Brookgreen property.
- Don’t leave your site unless you have someone designated to watch it while you are gone. Brookgreen Gardens is not responsible for any of your materials or artwork.
- When you leave Brookgreen for the day, check your work area, take all your supplies with you, and be sure the area is perfectly clean.
To join the Plein Air Guild, download the agreement form and return it to Robin Salmon.