Main sculpture garden and arboretum
See Brookgreen Gardens come to life amid the soft glow of more than 5,500 hand-lit candles and countless sparkling lights from 3:00 p.m. - 10 p.m. Walk the paths with a warm cup of cider, hear the sound of holiday music, and celebrate the season with family and friends.
The 85-foot-tall fir tree decorated over 100,000 lights will be lighted in ceremonial fashion at 5:45 p.m. every night.
All remaining nights are SOLD OUT
Nights of a Thousand Candles will go on, rain or shine!
Here are some suggestions to make your experience the most enjoyable.
- Carpool with family and friends. It supports our green initiative and helps reduce the number of parking spaces needed.
- Come on a Thursday evening to avoid weekend crowds.
- Arrive early (between 4:00 p.m. – 5 p.m.) and have time to see the candles being lit and map out where you would like to go, plus dusk is the best time to take pictures.
- Dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes. It is not a drive-through lights festival – it is a walk through the gardens.
- Purchased ticket dates can be changed to another date by calling 888-718-4253 before 3:00 p.m. on the date of your ticket. Nights of a Thousand Candles is rain or shine as is Brookgreen Gardens. Tickets to all Brookgreen events are non-refundable due to weather and unused tickets are considered a donation to the gardens.
- A limited number of adult and child strollers are available at no charge on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you have mobility issues or difficulty walking or standing for extended periods of time, please make appropriate arrangements.
- Tripods are not allowed at this event.
- Dinner, catered by Inlet Affairs, is available from 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. each evening and is served cafeteria-style in a large heated tent with inside seating. The menu features a variety of Lowcountry fare including seafood, BBQ, chicken bog, and vegetarian options and is priced in addition to the event admission. Reservations are not accepted. (The Pavilion Restaurant is closed during the event.)
- The Old Kitchen, located in the sculpture gardens, serves beverages, soup, and snacks. A beverage tent, located next to the main entertainment tent, offers hot and cold beverages.
Tickets for Nights of a Thousand Candles are available for purchase.
Advance tickets only and the number of tickets sold each night will be limited.
You will need to select a specific date when you purchase tickets.
Based on availability, tickets can be changed for another date at no charge by calling 1-888-718-4253. Tickets must be exchanged before 3:00 pm on the date of the ticket. Nights of a Thousand Candles is rain or shine as is Brookgreen Gardens. Tickets to all Brookgreen events are non-refundable, including cancellation of the event due to weather. You may convert your unused tickets into a charitable donation to the gardens.
Ticket Questions? Call Customer Care at 1-888-718-4253 or Email for assistance. Hours are Monday - Friday 9 am - 9 pm. Saturday and Sunday 12 noon - 5:00 p.m.
Members: To receive your member discount, enter your Membership ID Number located on the front of your membership card. (If you do not have your Membership ID Number, please contact the Membership Office at 843-235-6015 or click here.)
Member adult tickets are $15 and Member child tickets (ages 4-12) are $10.
General Public adult tickets are $20 and child tickets are $12.
All children age 3 and under are free.
Click here for the map, menu and entertainment schedule.